You are here: Homepage > About Us
The CTC carries out the following functions in relation to all public sector tenders over $250K.
- Receive and open tenders
- Oversee the evaluation of all tenders
- Approve all tender recommendations and awards
- Approve requests for pre-qualification or other methods of procurement
- Provide guidelines for public sector procurement on behalf of the Financial Secretary.
The objectives of the CTC are to:
- Ensure that public sector tenders are carried out in a consistent, fair and transparent manner in accordance with all related legislation and policy
- Maximise value for money in public sector procurement
- Encourage competition through supplier participation in public sector tendering
- Ensure supplies are treated equitably
- Maintain public confidence and trust in public sector procurement through accountability and transparency.
Last Updated: 2008-08-08